1. Baby cries less; you’ll both smile more! Research has shown that babies who are carried cry (on average) 43% less overall and 54% less during the evening hours.
2. Good for baby’s mental development. Babies spend more time in a “quiet, alert state” when carried – the ideal state for learning and brain development. Baby benefits from seeing the world from where you are, and how you interact with it.
3. Good for baby’s emotional development. Babies are quickly able to develop a sense of security and trust when they are carried. Parental rhythms have a soothing and balancing effect on little ones: the baby is in tune with the parent’s breathing, heartbeat and movements. This encourages healthy and secure attachment, and helps the baby to regulate his or her own physical responses.
4. Good for baby’s physical development. Babyhawk carriers provide for a natural sitting position, with the baby’s legs spread and supported. This is the healthiest sitting position for your baby’s developing body. Also, babywearing can help prevent head flattening as compared to car seat carrying. Babies also gain the many benefits of being in close proximity to you, both as a newborn adjusting to life outside the womb, and as a developing baby through the stimulation and comfort of physical contact and closeness.
5. Comfortable and stylish, Babyhawk frees your hands, while letting you be close to your baby. As a parent, it can be tough to get things done. Babyhawk carriers free up your hands while keeping you close to your baby.